Soldering Iron Stand

johnnyinwa

Joined Jun 24, 2013
Hey Guys. I purchased a soldering iron stand for a 25 watt xy200gx pencil type soldering iron. The stand is a Delcast model. Anyway there is a plastic assembly on the end of the stand. I am afraid there might be a problem with the plastic melting or smoking. I fired up my soldering iron for 15 minutes and left it in the stand. There were no problems. Is there any problems with my set up? See the uploaded file for a picture of the stand. I aplogize for my ignorance here guys. ;)

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It will be fine. The tip of the iron doesn't touch the holder, so little heat will be transferred to the base (at least not enough to melt the plastic).

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hey Guys. I purchased a soldering iron stand for a 25 watt xy200gx pencil type soldering iron. The stand is a Delcast model. Anyway there is a plastic assembly on the end of the stand. I am afraid there might be a problem with the plastic melting or smoking. I fired up my soldering iron for 15 minutes and left it in the stand. There were no problems. Is there any problems with my set up? See the uploaded file for a picture of the stand. I aplogize for my ignorance here guys. ;)
It would have to be radiant heat to transfer the energy to the plastic, put a piece of aluminum foil on the plastic (shinny side towards the heat source), the metallic mirror finish will reflect the heat away and you'll be especially fine.