Software to perform electrical measurements on digitized data

pll_check

Joined May 28, 2017
hi,

Is there any software or packages to take some measurements like rise time fall tile setup hold etc on digitized data from ADC?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A DSO (Digital Storage Oscilloscope) will do what you mention using software. To do what you are asking you need to store and then analyse the signal using a software solution for analysis. There is more to it than just saying an ADC (Analog Digital Converter). There are various data acquisition units which will acquire data and store the data and later recall and present the data for viewing and analysis. I am not sure what you are actually asking.

Ron

pll_check

Joined May 28, 2017
I have a lot of data coming from an ADC into a PC.

I want some software to do measurements as mentioned above from this digital data.

I don’t want to use DSO. Matlab has some functions like that but I was wondering if there is some other software in industry that can do this job.

I want electrical signal parameters and also digital information like Byte value. Etc.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If the signals are in the audio frequency range then Audacity (freeware) might help with their analysis, if you can get the digital values into an audio file format which Audacity accepts.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The only examples I have seen of what you are describing is software provided by the manufacturer of the ADC. Measurement Computing and DATAQ are two manufacturers which come to mind in addition to National Instruments which you mentioned. There is also similar from Omega Engineering. Most of the software which will do what you want to do is tailored to a specific manufacturers product line. There is also a matter of to capture and analyze fast signals you need an ADC with fast sample rate (samples per second). Other than what I have mentioned I am not aware of any software unless you want audio in which case the suggested Audacity is a good choice.

Ron

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Origin is the data analysis and graphing software of choice for over half a million scientists and engineers in commercial industries, academia, and government laboratories worldwide. Origin offers an easy-to-use interface for beginners, combined with the ability to perform advanced customization as you become more familiar with the application.......
.......Take your data analysis to the next level with OriginPro. In addition to all of Origin's features, OriginPro offers advanced analysis tools and Apps for Peak Fitting, Surface Fitting, Statistics and Signal Processing.
https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I have a lot of data coming from an ADC into a PC.

I want some software to do measurements as mentioned above from this digital data.

I don’t want to use DSO. Matlab has some functions like that but I was wondering if there is some other software in industry that can do this job.

I want electrical signal parameters and also digital information like Byte value. Etc.
Ron's idea would measure the performance of the AdC, your method is only measuring the net result including communication speed constrains back to the PC.