Soft touch power switch

Decky

Joined Jul 6, 2017
I managed to find a great Bluetooth speaker that's really small, good quality and fits really well inside the model I'm building. The only problem is that it has a soft touch power switch which means I would have to take the model apart every time I want to turn it on. And the speaker turns itself off when the input stops for a while. Ideally I need a Bluetooth speaker that's powered externally so that it's possible to power up the model's sound and lights with a single external switch. The only ones I can find with a physical power switch are about twice the size. I think I would have to let the rechargeable batteries go flat and power it externally through the USB charging lead.

This is the one I went for...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ITEG0YI/

I don't think I'll be able to modify it, I expect the power switching and latching is performed within the processor circuitry. It would be good if I could short something out to keep it permanently on.

Advice on this or any other ideas on how to implement the Bluetooth sound in the model with external power control will be greatly appreciated.