small signal BJT amplifier

princessERI

Joined Feb 18, 2013
yes, and it went well. I use the same ideas as the first one but the output waveform got distorted like that one.
And, if ever I can't use the current source, is there anyway that the output current can reach to 250 mA.
I really can't get a high current gain

Last edited:

patricktoday

Joined Feb 12, 2013
Yes, use a push pull output stage. I posted a link in your thread earlier. You can get as much current as you need. I'm not entirely sure what's going on in the lower right hand corner of your schematic so I don't know if that's the cause of the odd waveform.

princessERI

Joined Feb 18, 2013
Looks like I found the answer, the parameter of the transistor. I didn't quite understand well the datasheet. But is there any possible way of making the current up to 250 mA.
Because when I fix this circuit, the total voltage gain is only 1.5 and the output current only reaches to 88 mA.
Thanks for any suggestions

Edit: Looks like whenever I change the transistor used the output waveform is the same though in ideal current source it is functioning well.

Attachments

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Are you calculating your values, or just trying different ones to see what changes?

Have you tried using the Multisim "BJT Amplifier Wizard"?

Do you want to know exactly what is going on (and calculate those values), or trying different values until you get close to what you want for an output?