Small microphone seen in 97 lost for ever?

jirido

Joined Nov 15, 2014
Hi. In about 97 when internet was young and about new for me i was sitting in the library by the hour, surfing. Then i found a new microphonetype that i have not been able to find since.. Was it to good i wonder? Did some bigger company or CIA snatch it to bury or what. It worked as so simple.. A strand, like a hair, standing in a tube filled with carbon.
No more no less. The guy bragged about how good and clear sound it had and how cheep to produce and so on. It was not in production yet at the time but seemed understandable and logic to me.. Has anyone seen this or know anything about it or it's destiny? Yes and it was small. Like 1-3 mm wide, 5-10mm long and the strand thinner than a hair. Spystuff it seamed to me.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Lots of new tech is bullshit. It's easy to create a press release for some new miracle tech invention and blast it all over cyberspace, but it's quite another thing to create a product that has true value, can be manufactured, is stable and reliable, cost effective, etc.

Vaporware is being churned out on a regular basis, beware.
Sometimes the tech is good, but still there is a cheaper way to accomplish the same function, and the product dies.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Sounds like a re-invention of the old carbon mic. A modern mini electret mic would be far superior (and a lot smaller :)).

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
You might have seen some reference to boundary microphones or filament interferometric microphones though neither really fit your description.

jirido

Joined Nov 15, 2014
Thanx for your answers.. the reason i look for this mic is because it was membran free and super simple but was said to be werry good on a werry broad range and also extreemly cheep. Ofcource it could been a scam but i usualy spot sucha, and this one lookes serious enough. like a Mic buiessness killer :)
It would have fitted me good. I would like to mic my home good and cheeap. Probably a dream though.. real or not i cant find anything on it :(

jirido

Joined Nov 15, 2014
Yes i have found a lot of nokia headsets with ok mic on the dump's elkectro junk. But i imagened the mikes i looked for would be better.. or i would like to find out maybe :)