Sites that mislead.

And a 7/8 copper fitting is a 3/4 copper fitting.
TRUE sometimes.

T or False
A flat head screw is measured from the bottom of the thread to the flat?
It's true MOST of the time.

There is tubing and "refrigeration tubing". Don't get them mixed up.

Pipe is an easy concept, the nominal OD is kept the same, the schedule determines the thickness, so 1" sch 40 fittings are the same as 1" schedule 80.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There is tubing and "refrigeration tubing". Don't get them mixed up.

Pipe is an easy concept, the nominal OD is kept the same, the schedule determines the thickness, so 1" sch 40 fittings are the same as 1" schedule 80.
I am not familiar with the differences between "tubing" and "refrigeration tubing", except for the cleanliness requirements. Could you explain the difference? An explanation will be additional knowledge for all of us.

Earlier, I said 7/8 is 3/4. I like to use long sweep elbows when installing water heaters for what would be called 3/4 copper tubing. Plumbing stores don't usually sell them. They are 7/8 refrigeration elbows or the actual OD size.

From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_tubing

In the North American plumbing industry, the size of copper tubing is designated by its nominal diameter, which is 1⁄8th inch less than the outside diameter. The inside diameter varies according to the thickness of the pipe wall, which differs according to pipe size, material, and grade: the inside diameter is equal to the outside diameter less twice the wall thickness.

The North American refrigeration industry uses copper pipe designated ACR (air conditioning and refrigeration field services) pipe and tubing, which is sized directly by its outside diameter (OD) and a type letter indicating wall thickness. Therefore, one inch nominal type L copper tube and 11⁄8th inch type D ACR tube are exactly the same size, with different size designations. ACR pipe is manufactured without processing oils that would be incompatible with the oils used to lubricate the compressors in the air conditioning system.

Except for this difference between ACR (types A and D) and plumbing (types K, L, M and DWV) pipes, the type only indicates wall thickness and does not affect the outside diameter of the tube. Type K 1⁄2 inch, type L 1⁄2 inch, and type D 5⁄8 inch ACR all have the same outside diameter of 5⁄8 inch.

In both the U.S. and Canada, copper pipe and fittings are sold in inch sizes only. No metric sizes have been standardized for use in North America.[4] Many Canadian merchants give approximate metric sizes for construction products, but in the case of copper pipe and fittings these approximations are not interchangeable with metric components.
Eyeglass screws really got me If they are binding or flat, they are sold as OAL or Overall Length. That 1mm makes a BIG difference,.
real lens eyeglass crews are kinda cool for frames. They are pointed and you can break off the tips after install. That industry has it's own supply chain.

The color RED, got be a long time ago. RED is negative in the thermocouple world.

Industries have their own conventions. I've been dealing in the medical world lately and I find oddities there. e.g bandage sizes. the application has been "wound care" or pressure ulcer care, not caused by me. There is an entire science out there for treating wounds. So, while the wounds I'm treating are being monitored my a health professional, treatment methods are not coming from them. I've learned from them and I've yelled at them, for instance, not using a non-stick pad.

I've attacked successfully stage II pressure ulcers and have ALMOST mastered prevention. large skin tears (2' x 8") are rough. Pressure ulcers are rough. I'm working on a wound that I have found NO TREATMENT for. 16 months and counting with progress. I'm not being aggressive.

I've discovered "anti-poop smell", a 0.5% sterile bleach.