Sine wave generation

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
How much of a load is on the transformer? You will need to drive the transformer sufficiently based on the load. What peak to peak voltage do you want? Also, for transformer make sure you have no DC offset. I think after you send it through the LPF you will need to send it also through a HPF with cutoff of say 10Hz so the transformer does not see any DC offset, which will driver more current into the transformer. What is the DC resistance of the transformer?
I am afraid this is the part that I need more reading on. I don't have a lot of knowledge of transformers.

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Microchip PIC16F15323 has a 5-bit DAC.
Looks like the perfect little chip for my application, even have a NCO if I need to match the frequency as precise as possible. Thanks for the recommendation.

Microchip has so many options, I often overlook a chip that is slightly more expensive but provide the exactly feature that I need.

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
@Ian0 @dcbingaman Carrying on this topic, I think I got the sine wave generation part sorted. I need to sort out what transformer to use.

Assuming I need to make my own transformer, what practical specs I should be looking for? the output need to delivery 5W sine wave. Input is 625Hz. Driving voltage is flexible, I am thinking 5V, as it's a common voltage.