Simplifying boolean expression

angelic_rinoa43

Joined Oct 30, 2005
I'm really bad with these and i need some help simplifying something. I need all the work to be shown though, sorry if thats a hassle. Here it is:
A'BCD+A'BCD'+A'BC'D+A'B'CD+ABCD+ABCD'+ABC'D+ABC'D'+AB'CD+AB'CD'

hadef

Joined Oct 30, 2005
actually u r summing the minterm to have sum of product form of two level digital circuit getting it from the truth table that u design

u need to simplify it because u need less complixity which lead u to less cost of components (logic gates)

there is two ways either u do the simplification by the k-map or by using the boolean manipulation

for good digital circuit designer u should use k-map method

so the answer would be

DB + AC + A'CD + ABD' + CB

and the way i did it is uploaded

angelic_rinoa43

Joined Oct 30, 2005
I'm just in a beginners digital electronics class and a lot of the stuff you talked about we haven't gone over and it does't make any sense at all to me, i really have no clue what k-mapping is. I feel really stupid and want to switch out of that class but i don't think i can do that until the semester is over.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by angelic_rinoa43@Oct 30 2005, 06:01 PM
I'm really bad with these and i need some help simplifying something. I need all the work to be shown though, sorry if thats a hassle. Here it is:
A'BCD+A'BCD'+A'BC'D+A'B'CD+ABCD+ABCD'+ABC'D+ABC'D'+AB'CD+AB'CD'
[post=11367]Quoted post[/post]​
Solution by Karnaugh map is attached. See Digital volume 4 "Karnaugh Mapping" chapter for more details. Your best bet is to look at the Sum of Products solution only, as it is less complicated. Feel free to Ignore the Minterm, Product of sums at the bottom of the attachment. It is an alternate, less often used form.

Why do we use karnaugh Maps instead of Boolean Algebra? See intoductory paragraphs to "Karnaugh Mapping" chapter. For more details on the solution method see "Larger 4-variable Karnaugh Maps" section of digital volume 4 "Karnaugh Mapping" chapter

Y = AB +CD + BD+ BC + AC (Sum of Products solution)