Simple control of a Siemens VFD

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Is there anyone here familiar with the Siemens Micromaster 420 VFD?

The thing has 3 programmable digital inputs, and an additional analog one that could be programmed as a digital input too.

Is there a way to configure those inputs so as to have three pushbuttons to control it, with two limit switches?

What I want to accomplish is really simple:
  • A momentary NO button to start it forward, and stop when the +limit switch is activated
  • A momentary NO button to start it in reverse, and stop when the -limit switch is activated.
  • An emergency stop button.

What I'd like to avoid is adding relays as logic gates to accomplish what I want.

@MaxHeadRoom

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I can try digging up something, but I doubt I can be of much help apart from reading the same manuals you already have. I don´t work in the department that does the VFDs, so I doubt I can get access to any more material, but I can try and look for some more info when I get to work tomorrow.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I can try digging up something, but I doubt I can be of much help apart from reading the same manuals you already have. I don´t work in the department that does the VFDs, so I doubt I can get access to any more material, but I can try and look for some more info when I get to work tomorrow.
Thanks, you can start by looking at page 90 of the Operating Instructions Manual. Listed there are the options that can be programmed for the digital inputs.