simple Arduino code

poi098

Joined Dec 1, 2006
I could use some help from a student who has about 15 minutes to write me some Arduino code/Leanardo. Its for a 3 rotary encoder usb controller box ,( no other buttons)
and will assign each encoder to a key command to be used in a flight sim.Thats it. Nothing else. The key commands are..
knob 1 shift u and shift d......( sim dial will go up and down depending on which direction you turn.
knob 2 option u and option d( same as above)
knob 3 same as knob 2.( value can be changed later for other key command).
I have found other forums totally un helpful. I just need some simple code verified on a Leanardo.This is a free thing, not buying anything etc..
5 pin encoders standard
thanks much for the help.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
If it's a "simple 15 minute" project, perhaps searching for a tutorial on YouTube or the web will be the easiest way to get what you want and you might learn something too.

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
I could use some help from a student who has about 15 minutes to write me some Arduino code/Leanardo. Its for a 3 rotary encoder usb controller box ,( no other buttons)
and will assign each encoder to a key command to be used in a flight sim.Thats it. Nothing else. The key commands are..
knob 1 shift u and shift d......( sim dial will go up and down depending on which direction you turn.
knob 2 option u and option d( same as above)
knob 3 same as knob 2.( value can be changed later for other key command).
I have found other forums totally un helpful. I just need some simple code verified on a Leanardo.This is a free thing, not buying anything etc..
5 pin encoders standard
thanks much for the help.
Is this home work / student project ?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
We are not here to do your projects for you. We are here to offer help when you try to do them yourself and get stuck. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

poi098

Joined Dec 1, 2006
Its not a project and your correct in saying this isn't the right place. I will find someone who will doit and I couldn't care less
about learning coding...I don't need to and have zero interest.