Siglent 3055 ... EasyDMM will not connect via LAN port?

RobAinscough

Joined Nov 5, 2020
I'm unable to get my Siglent SDM3055 DMM to connect to my PC via LAN port using the EasyDMM software. I've check IP address on the 3055 and entered it in EasyDMM and just get an error saying it can't connect to my device?

I have the NI-VISA software installed (latest) per Siglent EasyDMM manual. Firmware is latest. Just seem to refuse to connect via LAN. Works if I use USB but I'd rather use my LAN due to distances between PC and the 3055.

Google search and everyone seems to be using USB connection with the 3055, haven't seen anyone using a LAN connection ... I'm assuming LAN is supported or else what have the LAN port?

Any hints/help welcome.

Cheers, Rob.

RobAinscough

Joined Nov 5, 2020
Oops, I thought I had DHCP On and was reading assigned IP ... DHCP was actually off and the IP was from factory set ... thought the IP looked wrong, just didn't click. Problem solved EasyDMM via LAN working great. Thank you for response.

Cheers, Rob.

RobAinscough

Joined Nov 5, 2020
Now that I have EasyDMM working, very disappointed with it's logging frequency. I have the 3055 VDC set to "Fast" mode (supposed to be 150 "readings" per second) and when I start "recording" using EasyDMM I'm getting about 13-14 data points per second. Is there somewhere in EasyDMM I can set it to matching the sampling speed of the 3055?

RobAinscough

Joined Nov 5, 2020
Yes, using the latest:

SW Version: 1.01.01.20R2
HW Version: 03-00-00-13-00

I have an eMail going with Jason at Siglent and waiting a response.

Cheers, Rob.

RobAinscough

Joined Nov 5, 2020
Just got a response from Jason at Siglent ... 150 readings per second is "Internal" only and I would need to use a USB stick to save that data to file as outlined here.

I'm a software engineer so still not really sure why EasyDMM can't operate more quickly even if it's only 100Mbps as that's more than enough to deal with 150 samples per second data stream.

Cheers, Rob.