Should I study Power Electronics?

Mayank_2606

Joined Jun 10, 2020
I am a second year undergraduate student from India, currently pursuing to be an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer. I have been reading about power electronics for a while now but realized that our curriculum does not have a subject in my branch, while Instrumentation and electrical engineering does. So i was wondering would be actually help me later on in my career?

I want to become an Analog Design Engineer and am currently studying for the same. Long way ahead but i need to check all the possible skills that could help me.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Mayank_2606

Joined Jun 10, 2020
You should study what interests you, and not merely the most promising career. If you don't enjoy your job you probably won't be very good at it and not succeed nearly as much as when you really enjoy it a lot.
Yeah you're right. I think I will enroll to learn more about this then.

Mayank_2606

Joined Jun 10, 2020
There are big companies in Fremont California have successful Americanized india professionals have beautiful wife from India.
the city has solar panels, computer parts chips and lots of small factories circuit boards some material science, space, software ect.
the dot com industry's 2nd generation India-American. Most of the children are too busy becoming doctors have no time for engineering.
I noticed that some of the successful professionals brought a family member who drinks sometimes gets in a fight, feels embarrassed not able to speak english then there are blue saropi that drive trucks they are hard working and most honest like the older ones. I give them the most respect and they need to drive 12 hours to make a deli very. I expect some of their children to grow and become great asset to America. The workers honest but average children having good brain and pleasant personality no drugs and community oriented with guidance they would have opportunity working with an innovative electronic developer type almost like it was planned.
Sorry but how is that related...

Mayank_2606

Joined Jun 10, 2020
When you decide to go to work and you begin to explore opportunities the information is a resource unless you already aware of all of those things or you need to wait 2 years. This is part of a conversation I had with a CEO of a major semiconductor company there. I cannot discuss it in depth as you would like. It is up to you to accept or dismiss leads. Survival might get you off the school boy routine. Sorry but you really going to need to take information and find how it relates.
A much better reply would be .. I know about Fremont thanks or Fremont sounds like an interesting place thanks.
A really smart person would search for companies in that area and make contacts there so you could answer the question for yourself.
How can it benefit me personally and my electronics goals ? Then your time is used well and my time obviously does not matter to you.
good day
I maybe am too young to understand the depth of your message. I was confused so i probably could not answer you in the way you had expected. Maybe i will look into Fermont now and other things related there, i don't know that place tbh.
Good day too.

MOSIDW1

Joined Jun 25, 2020
I am a second year undergraduate student from India, currently pursuing to be an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer. I have been reading about power electronics for a while now but realized that our curriculum does not have a subject in my branch, while Instrumentation and electrical engineering does. So i was wondering would be actually help me later on in my career?

I want to become an Analog Design Engineer and am currently studying for the same. Long way ahead but i need to check all the possible skills that could help me.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

bro need ur help pleaseeee

Mayank_2606

Joined Jun 10, 2020
Fremont California (an area including a radius of 20 miles ) electronics and science technology and it's supporting industry.
Also called silicon valley. The history of this began when banks got involved in the migration of scientist there. The population from India worked in software such as Sun microsystems java. Hewlitt Packard what if spin mergers. So yes the words I am using are buzz words, I wrote very condensed C++ and Pascal was problem solver 2004. I spoke to many Americans working in their garage capable of staying below the radar of the AI computers . That revolution exists also in other cities and the semiconductor companies have lost the trust and so I spoke about how Americans are not trusting and prefer that those companies fail for abandoning the people and emptied their factories in favor of supporting China. Honesty and Trust is lacking in many younger people from India from 2nd generation dot.com Because this happened it is necessary to vet out India persons that do not have a heart for American principals that the global (traders) traitors have shown it is what Sadguru also said. The VISA system is impacted by ideology, the death of police officer in Seattle is not race but is the policy to build no go zone in a port city targeted for downgrade by elite. The opposite can be seen in port in Thailand. All these things are related to the struggle to get back to work and how this is unfolding with the electronics industry. There exist a struggle in small companies unable to advance. The school system is another problem. I do not see this forum removing me for saying this yet. Their team is trying to improve to move forward and is caught between those affected and those with the money so they keep trying, I applaud that. The others deny that there is any problem they are not the remedy but we need sharp focused minds so tolerance and balance is at play.
Wow, i really appreciate your point of view over this whole situation. It is in a way i haven't really thought about yet. Currently I am focused on building concepts and learning them with practical exposure. Maybe when reality strikes all these things become more apparent. I totally agree with you over the American principles, because working at a foreign land would result in being able too respect and adapt new principles necessary for survival and also to create a healthy environment with your peers.

Good day.

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
Wow, i really appreciate your point of view over this whole situation. It is in a way i haven't really thought about yet. Currently I am focused on building concepts and learning them with practical exposure. Maybe when reality strikes all these things become more apparent. I totally agree with you over the American principles, because working at a foreign land would result in being able too respect and adapt new principles necessary for survival and also to create a healthy environment with your peers.

Good day.
Good, You will find Fremont has good mixture of nationalities when I worked there It was the long term friendship that allowed research to continue. Slowly we see Mumbai taking this approach since they are related by many of the same projects that are not well published. Power physics and some math that is not accepted even at graduate levels has been frustrating to have so many schools teaching the traditional only quantitative methods. Some engineering teams are asked to solve. The intern canidate might be exposed to junior level where some of your training exceeds that of most universities here in the states. Example of that is maglev trains were taught in the UK see Eric Laithewait video however some doctorate electronic were following and collaborating.

Power Electronics (PE) is a very interesting subject. It is quite tricky too. There are hundreds of places where we can get confused. And the difficult part is that when someone explains a particular concept, we understand it for the time being but after a few days, multiple doubts begin to arise in that concept. And we get stuck in the circle of: “If this diode has stopped working in this circuit then why has it not stopped in that one?”
Coupled to the problems of doubt and misunderstanding are the huge magnitude of one-liner questions like: “How long does the diode conduct?” or “What is the commutation time of the thyristor?” All these things make this subject a nightmare for most of us.
But with proper planning and hardwork PE can turn into the subject which maximises your score in both prelims and mains and sometimes, as in my case, even in interview. But of course it need a lot of efforts, read more. There was more obligation on me to be really good in this subject as I had completed my M.Tech. in PE, so there was no way I could escape it.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume one example of Power Electronics would be the method used here to convert distributed H.V. A.C. to DC and the reverse, DC back to AC at the final distribution point.
The original method used Thyratron and Ignitron devices, now the customary way is the equivalent method but using power solid state/SCR devices etc.
Max.

I worked for power electronics for over a decade. It is a FASCINATING subject, but also very unforgiving.

In a digital circuit you make a mistake, there is no big deal. You troubleshoot, correct the mistake and continue.
In a high power circuit, you make a mistake, and KA-BOOM!!
You can also hurt yourself and cause thousands of dollars of damage in a blink of an eye.

I am not attempting to discourage you, but rather than in the power electronics field, you have to be extremely focused in what you are doing.

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
Very good comment.
Reducing the number of possible causes requires methods that are safe and when risk increases then a backup plan must be used to keep the repair team safe. It is a team and the dicotomy of problem solving involves communication. Communicating to yourself first.

Working with an expert you appreciate that someday you will be able to feel the correct principles are being applied. You become confident that what you visualize is clear.
Overcoming math anxiety comes with practice and without fear allows to read the test question objectively so as to structure the mechanics of the equations.
Your weakness becomes your strength.

Last edited: