Should I change careers?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Can we stay on topic please?
I'm guessing you get health insurance where you work. Make sure you check on what it will cost you without that. It's a killer as you age.
You might also check what it will do to your social security to have a low paying job at the end of those payments.

a better opportunity, more challenges, and career growth. The interviewer will want to be sure that you aren't leaving your job because of poor performance, difficult working relationships

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I had term insurance until about 62 years of age. Then there was a bump in the premium and a reduction in what they would pay in a year. It turned out that the most they would pay (and the excluded everything I was concerned about) was about two years worth of premiums. Time to self-insure. Several years out I still think that was the right decision. It helps to live in a place where healthcare only costs about 10% to 25% of what my brother pay as his co-payment in the U.S.

The best part is that I have not had to fight with an insurance company in years :)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I had term insurance until about 62 years of age. Then there was a bump in the premium and a reduction in what they would pay in a year. It turned out that the most they would pay (and the excluded everything I was concerned about) was about two years worth of premiums. Time to self-insure. Several years out I still think that was the right decision. It helps to live in a place where healthcare only costs about 10% to 25% of what my brother pay as his co-payment in the U.S.

The best part is that I have not had to fight with an insurance company in years :)
Most people understimate the medical capacities of "third world" countries. Where I live, we receive thousands of american "medical tourists" per year. As far as private health care goes, we have excellent doctors and very fine state of the art equipment, not to mention impeccable hospitals and facilities.