Should I answer...

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Got this in my mail box:

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum
of $14,600,000.00 (Fourteen million Six hundred thousand Dollars) in the Codicil and
Last Testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld since this is our second letter
to you).

We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you
as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckoned that you can receive these funds as you are qualified by your
name identity. All the legal papers will be processed in your acceptance.

In your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your
letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding
address to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate
division for the release of this sum of money.

Please do get back to me via this email:
howardxgibbs@gmail.com

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Howard Gibbs
I'm so lucky. Now I don't have to get up at 04:45 anymore. Just by answering this e-mail...

I'll do it right now!

(Irony)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Got this in my mail box:

I'm so lucky. Now I don't have to get up at 04:45 anymore. Just by answering this e-mail...

I'll do it right now!

(Irony)
Oh you are to late. I have already replied to the honorable Howard Gibbs. And claimed the price in my name. He claimed $1000 in legal fees. But then I got my price I will hardly notice it.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Maybe you could ask one of these guys for advice:
I got them through the door, but apparently there are a few more variations.

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
hey I got this email.

Attention...
We Are Currently Offering Private, Commercial, Business and Personal Loans with 4% Interest Rate to any part of the world.

Please contact Mr. Mark Melvin for more information on melvin.mark@consultant.com

Sincerely,
Laura Diaz.
Announcer.
Is it for real...if it is, I might be interested.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
A few days back, I received an e-mail from Gaddafis wife, (the dead Libyan dictator).

She claimed she needed my help to get to her funds....

"O'really", I thought, while I deleted the post.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Darn it!

So he couldn't just take the legal fee from $14.6M?
Doh, and oh my god. Do you think I am scammed:eek: And will never any of the $14,600,000.00. Nor get my $1000 legal fee money back. I am very disappointed. Mr. Howard Gibbs seemed to be such a credible and honorable person in his mail. I can only say darn:mad:.

Back when I had a bit more time on my hands, I drew inspiration from that website 419eater.com, and created a few fictitious characters of my own, to communicate as an email tag-team with internet scammers, all to determine just how long it took for the ever-optimistic tricksters to completely lose their temper and resort to death threats.

My cast of characters included the filthy rich and seemingly gullible Sir Pinoakyo Bullkrudsmann III, who was perpetually on the brink of sending big money to the scammer, but was only held back due to the consent he required from his extremely verbose attorney, Kudyouza Krapsanwij, who would start off by having the conman fill out a 20-page "Eligibility Assessment Form".

With the form still being laboriously filled and re-filled repeatedly by the scammer who felt obligated to try and follow Attorney Krapsanwij's condescending and ridiculously complicated instructions, a third oddball character, The Exalted Swami Seikfund Floyd, loosely based on those charlatan Eastern mystics that ran communes in rural Oregon back in the '80's, would step in to further muddy the waters with pre-written reams of bafflling mystic-babble, to which the scammer would be prompted for meaningful replies, demanded as yet more pre-requisites to qualify for that elusive, ever-receding payoff.

Generally, I was impressed and amused at the almost infinite patience those scammers displayed, even as I served up patently obvious bullchit by the shovel-full, with each tall tale and irrelevant aside more wacky and improbable than the last.

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
If you get $1000 legal fee from a few poor souls in a month, maybe you too would have been patient.

I guess $1000 in Nigeria is a lot of money...

It is no laughing matter at all to those who disregard the warning signs and fall for what really is such an old, well publicised scam.

The good folks at 419eater.com operate on the premise that any online time wasted by criminals in communicating with pranksters is time no longer available to troll for real victims. My modest foray into the artform of frustrating internet conmen was educational to say the least.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
The good folks at 419eater.com operate on the premise that any online time wasted by criminals in communicating with pranksters is time no longer available to troll for real victims. My modest foray into the artform of frustrating internet conmen was educational to say the least.
That is a good philosophy!