Should AAC send out birthday e-mails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Did you not read the title of the thread? It was not a suggestion, it was a question.

How can you say that I am holding on dearly to this idea?

Did you not read Post #14 where I said there was a definite trend and that that was why I through it out for comment?

Did you not read Post #19 where I explicitly stated, "I therefore have no intention of suggesting we do it and, if someone else were to suggest it I would have a basis upon which to say that, at least among those that had a strong enough opinion to respond, the idea is heavily frowned upon."

Based on the feedback received (and not on your silly rant), I will happily stand against this if the suggestion ever should be made. What the hell more do you want?

I have never stated whether or not I think it is a good idea. I said, very clearly, that it is something that another forum I am a member of does and asked for people's feedback (gee, isn't that what this particular forum is all about?). If I were "my idea" that I was holding on so dearly to, why on earth would I go out of my way to point out the arguments against the notion at all, let alone presenting them first thing?

That I refute nonsensical arguments such as this somehow exposing people's birth dates publicly has absolutely nothing to do with whether I support the idea or not, but merely with refuting nonsensical arguments that are only thrown out to confuse the issue with things that are immaterial to the discussion.

Your privacy settings (which YOU have just posted publicly, not me) are irrelevant to the discussion. Even if this idea WERE to be suggested (which it has not) and even if it WERE to be adopted (which I would argue against), why do you continue to confuse it with somehow publicly giving out any information about you at all? I have a hard time believing that you can't grasp that a single e-mail sent to you and you only does not make your birthdate publicly known. That you continue to stand on such a point indicated that you are intentionally trying to confuse the issue. Or do you really think that the idea would be to send out an e-mail to the entire membership telling everyone not only that it is your birthday, but what your actual birth date is?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Since the feedback on the idea is unanimously against any such suggestion, for a variety of reasons given, there is no point to further discussion of the matter. We now have a record that we can use as a basis for rejecting this (or similar) suggestions that might be made in the future.

Therefore this thread is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.