Sequencial circuit homework problem

Superboy23

Joined Jun 17, 2019
Hi, i have some problem with this homework, i cant figure out how to continue the project.
I would be grateful if you could help me (Sorry for my bad english)

"Given the table in the figure, continue the project of a sequencial circuit"
The present state is "S", i dont know what "x1 x2" means, in this particular writing, so i cant continue the project

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi, i have some problem with this homework, i cant figure out how to continue the project.
I would be grateful if you could help me (Sorry for my bad english)

"Given the table in the figure, continue the project of a sequencial circuit"
The present state is "S", i dont know what "x1 x2" means, in this particular writing, so i cant continue the project

x1 and x2 are the two inputs to the circuit.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
The problem/text should tell you their nomenclature. Could mean
state that cannot be achieved or possibly one that is indeterminate,
although usually "xx" is that nomenclature.

Regards, Dana.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The "-" means that the state is the same of present state?
Sorry for those stupid questions:D
I would say no because most rows have an instance where the machine stays in the same state and it appears that they highlight this by putting the next-state symbol in parentheses.

I don't know what the "-" means for sure -- I'm guessing that it's a "don't care" indicator.

Superboy23

Joined Jun 17, 2019
So now i need to convert the A,B,C etc with 000, 001, 010. Then doing the circuit with the logic combination of the next state x1,x2? Is it right?
Like this?

Last edited:

Superboy23

Joined Jun 17, 2019
I would say no because most rows have an instance where the machine stays in the same state and it appears that they highlight this by putting the next-state symbol in parentheses.

I don't know what the "-" means for sure -- I'm guessing that it's a "don't care" indicator.
So now i need to convert the A,B,C etc with 000, 001, 010. Then doing the circuit with the logic combination of the next state x1,x2? Is it right?
Like this?