Sensors - Dark and light.

NMC

Joined Nov 16, 2018
Hi all,

What are the best sensors to detect a solid black line for position guiding? If it goes off the black line the sensor will need to read a yellow colour.
I am thinking IR or LDR?

Thanks.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Both are possible.
You would need to check the reflectivity of both the black and yellow under IR light.
It is more obvious how the LDR woud see the two colours.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
IR or LDR is for detecting photons. The reason you see black is because anti-photons collide with photons and annihilate them. To detect black you need anti-photon sensor.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Same thing. That's why anti-matter exists.

That theory is quite a few years old and has been updated. Dark has the same mass as light, but with a negative sign. If it didn't there would be a lot of dark crumbs left over (or to begin with) and the whole universe would be dark. We now know that the universe did not begin dark, it began from nothing before splitting into equal quantities of dark and light photons. Dark matter and light matter came much later.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hi all,

What are the best sensors to detect a solid black line for position guiding? If it goes off the black line the sensor will need to read a yellow colour.
I am thinking IR or LDR?

Thanks.
Just as a side note a Google of "robot follow a line sensor" will give you some great ideas. I have to run as power is about to be shut down, sorry.

Ron

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Just as a side note a Google of "robot follow a line sensor" will give you some great ideas. I have to run as power is about to be shut down, sorry.

Ron
Hah! That's because you are about to be hit by an attack from the Dark Forces. Be prepared!