Scrolling Text in MAX7219 dot matrix

Quintus2983

Joined Jun 5, 2021
I'm working with a chain of 16 (8x8)MAX7219 LED dot matrix (128x8). I need to scroll a customized bitmap in the matrix. The problem is that I want the scrolling to start from 9th MAX7219 device. In all examples, I saw the scrolling started from the 1st 8x8 matrix. Is there any function (in MD_Parola or MD_MAX72XX library) in which I can specify which device I want the scrolling start from? Also It would be great if I could specify which device or position I want the scrolling to end.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
The libraries you mention are for Arduino, so I assume that's what you have. I've used the MAX7219 in several projects, but not with an Arduino. I'd expect to write my own routines for the displays, and what you're talking about doesn't sound very difficult. But if you want to use the libraries and they don't have the features you want, you should be able to modify the source code.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The libraries you mention are for Arduino, so I assume that's what you have. I've used the MAX7219 in several projects, but not with an Arduino. I'd expect to write my own routines for the displays, and what you're talking about doesn't sound very difficult. But if you want to use the libraries and they don't have the features you want, you should be able to modify the source code.
And when you modify the source code, do it in a copy of the library with a different name. Otherwise you might run into a conflict.