Schumacher AC adapter board repair or replacement

jrotis215

Joined Apr 20, 2023
I have a Schumacher power station with a bad AC adapter board. They no longer supply replacement boards because of some lame compliance to an FCC "policy" which made no sense to me at all. I have tried for days to source a used board but no luck. My last effort is to try to have this one repaired. Schumacher will not even supply me with a board schematic. Can someone help me with a possible contact who can repair this simple Ac to DC power board? I'm located in the Philadelphia PA area. Thanks for any assistance

jrotis215

Joined Apr 20, 2023
AC to DC SMPS are quite common, what are the specs, or a photo would help.
I found a local guy who is going to repair my existing board after making about 30 phone calls to advertised PCB repair companies who are not really in the repair business. Thanks for your reply though. If this repair falls through I will reach back out to you for follow up. Tere existing board has a couple of other functions on it aside from the battery recharge so I am hopeing he can complete a repair. I have considered a simple addition of a new charger just for the battery. We shall see.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yes it's a switch mode psu, looks like a capacitor in the middle (grey rusty thing) has blown.. there's a 1A fuse in red , and there must be a chip on the other side..

Better picture of the item would be great.

jrotis215

Joined Apr 20, 2023
I don't have a pic of the backside and I left the board with a repair person yesterday. There were a bunch of smaller chips on the back of the board so you are probably correct. I am hoping the guy I met with can fix it.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
I don't have a pic of the backside and I left the board with a repair person yesterday. There were a bunch of smaller chips on the back of the board so you are probably correct. I am hoping the guy I met with can fix it.
It's probably a Mosfet that has blown, and taken the fuse out, you'll have to wait until you get it back.

jrotis215

Joined Apr 20, 2023
Fuse was good. Whic sorta surprised me. I really suspect the transistor mostly because the unit was in the truck of my car for a few days and the trunk had a leak so there was some condensation on the unit. It may have gotten some poisture inside and fried that transistor.. Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll wait to see what I hear next week on it.