Schematic capture, simulate, to PCB free toolset

PickyBiker

Joined Aug 18, 2015
I have been making simple circuits for some time using a variety of tools for schematic capture, simulation, and PCB creation. It's time to simplify and standardize my tool set. I would like some ideas on an integrated tool set that a hobbyist can use to go from start to finish.

Can someone recommend something? Free would be best but I could handle something inexpensive.

Which tool sets are you using?

Thanks

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
I'm not aware of any hobby-priced three in one. I absolutely love DipTrace for schematic capture and PCB layout. It's free or cheap depending on layers, commercial vs personal use, etc. I use LTSpice for simulation.

Doing each schematic twice is a nuisance, but it does occasionally make you rethink some aspect of the circuit and come up with a better solution.

PickyBiker

Joined Aug 18, 2015
I'm not aware of any hobby-priced three in one. I absolutely love DipTrace for schematic capture and PCB layout. It's free or cheap depending on layers, commercial vs personal use, etc. I use LTSpice for simulation.

Doing each schematic twice is a nuisance, but it does occasionally make you rethink some aspect of the circuit and come up with a better solution.
I have now been using DipTrace for a week and it rocks. Simple to learn and easy to use.

Thank You!