sarcasm font

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Since sarcasm regularly proves to difficult to convey in written text, I propose we standardize on a special font for it. What font do you suggest? I propose comic sans MS, since it has the word comic in it, it should be easy to remember.

I'm sure this will catch on, and everybody will use it religiously.

edit: Hmm... It seems comic sans MS is already the font of the site. Either that, or the font function doesn't work on my phone. The last sentence above was in comic sans MS and appears the same as all the other text. Maybe a sarcasm text color instead? Any suggestions?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Comic sans MS

Regular, what ever. Seems to be different, not sure if it's detectable or not, mixed in with regular font.

Maybe if you color it more? nope doesn't work.

Try changing the color no matter what, it's the same?

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I suggest the use of a sarcasm switch as this will make the system more cross-platform compatible. Not all system has the comic comic sans MS font example
I propose comic sans MS, since it has the word comic in it, it should be easy to remember.
I'm sure this will catch on, and everybody will use it religiously.
[SARCASM]
Yes that would be really good idea. Keep up the good work Strantor
[/SARCASM]

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm sure we could implement [sar][/sar] tags to denote sarcasm, and have them automatically change the text inside the tags to comic sans (or another font, perhaps).

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A worthy cause, but the planet-wide nature of this site is one of the factors that is being difficult. People that are using google translate and still struggling to be understood are going to miss the signals. There is even a regular here that can't seem to understand, "It's a JOKE!"

As for the font...the site chooses its fonts. If they aren't loaded in the site, what you choose on your computer doesn't matter.

By the way..how do you choose a different font while typing in this box? I don't see any options.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
By the way..how do you choose a different font while typing in this box? I don't see any options.
You have to click the "Go Advanced" button, then you'll get the option to change the font, color, etc.

I'm saying it should be easy to simply replace "[sar][/sar]" (that the user types, or clicks) with
[FONT="Comic Sans MS" ][ /FONT]
tags using the existing software and code.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
By the way where is the OP. I thought he came here for an argument about sarcasm. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. if he want argue with us. He must take up a contrary position:p

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I really hate rant and sarcasm tags. If one can't convey sarcasm in his writing, then he should avoid it altogether. These tags are just a cheesy way of not being creative enough to get one's point across. I never worry if someone doesn't get my sarcasm. If they get their nose out of joint, I'll come back and smooth things out.