[S.T. 3 ] - Half-wave and full-wave rectifiers

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
I'm saying that I'm trying to calculate Vout rms and Vout DC with those formulas but my results are not matching LTSpice's results.

Only for the half-wave rectification my calcs are close to LTSpice's results.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Have you allowed for the effect due to the diodes reducing the conduction time when calculating the Integrals for the RMS values.

I make it approx 9.25mSec compared to a 10mSec half cycle.

Please post the values you measure from the Plot and also your calculated values.

Attachments

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Have you allowed for the effect due to the diodes reducing the conduction time when calculating the Integrals for the RMS values.

I make it approx 9.25mSec compared to a 10mSec half cycle.

Please post the values you measure from the Plot and also your calculated values.

Looks like the problem might (now, I'm sure it is) be in the period time that decreases a bit depending on which setup we are using... I didn't knew about that fact and I'll recalculate everything again today!

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
What are the formulas to calculate, via integrals, the Vout DC???

I know that for RMS in half-wave, the formula has 1/T and on full-wave rectifiers, we have 2/T. But for DC calcualtion, is the same or is it different???

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
For Half-Wave Rectifier I used the following and results look close enough to LTSpice's!

CodeCogsEqn.gif
CodeCogsEqn1.gif
CodeCogsEqn2.gif
CodeCogsEqn3.gif

CodeCogsEqn4.gif

But I can't do the same for Full-Wave Rectifiers even narrowing the conduction time of the diode!

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Well I think that if we take into account a diode voltage drop and conduction time we can find V_out_average for Full-Wave Rectifier is
10.PNG
I assume Vf = 0.7V

And for Half-Wave Rectifier
11.PNG