Rules and Guidelines For Members

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
Hi,

I have not been able to locate the rules and guidelines for members except during registration. Shouldn't the terms of service be available to all members at any time?

Thanks,
John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by chesart1@Jan 25 2006, 02:46 AM
Hi,

I have not been able to locate the rules and guidelines for members except during registration. Shouldn't the terms of service be available to all members at any time?

Thanks,
John
[post=13445]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi John,

Personally I can't remember the rules and guidelines from registration (after all it was over 2-years ago!). Is there anything in particular that you require from the rules and guidelines?

Dave

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
Originally posted by Dave@Jan 25 2006, 01:27 PM
Hi John,

Personally I can't remember the rules and guidelines from registration (after all it was over 2-years ago!). Is there anything in particular that you require from the rules and guidelines?

Dave
[post=13475]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi Dave,

Thank you for answering my message. Do the rules allow the use of web addresses in the forum when helping other individuals? I noted that the web addresses become hyperlinks and some sites do not allow members to use hyperlinks in their messages and responses.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by chesart1@Jan 25 2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Dave,

Thank you for answering my message. Do the rules allow the use of web addresses in the forum when helping other individuals? I noted that the web addresses become hyperlinks and some sites do not allow members to use hyperlinks in their messages and responses.

John
[post=13478]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi chesart1,

There is no problem with posting a link to web adderss as long as it is relevant to the topic. What is not accepted is posting links that are obvious advertising or spamming. Thankfully this is not a common problem here at AAC.

The web addresses that are hyperlinks are created by the user via the http:// icon in the formatting bar (above the posting area). The forums do not format the web address automatically. Apologies if this is something you already knew, I was just making it clear.

As it happens some work is currently going on behinds the scenes regarding making it clearer what are the forum rules and guidelines. This will be made public soon.

Any further problems or queries let me know.

Dave