Hello,
I am trying to get a serial connection to work from an HAI (Now Leviton) OmniPro II controller to a Jandy Serial converter. I saw one of your old posts from a forum talking about the Jandy. I have the serial converter and a RS-232 sniffer but I cannot get the Jandy to do anything I send it. Whether it be from the OP II or directly from my lapptop all of the ASCII codes do not work.
First question is I am sending the commnds that are described in the Jandy manual.
#AUX3=ONCR
If I am not mistaken, # is the command start, AUX3 is the description, =ON is the set command for set device to ON and then they say it needs a carriage return. I have read CR and spoke to Zodiac tech about that. I have seen ^G as a carraige return. I have read 13 as decimal and 0D as Hexidecimal carraige return.
I have added spaces in the string to no avail. Will the carraige return make the command fail? All I want to do is turn Aux’s on and off.
Thank You in advanced for any help.
Frank
I am trying to get a serial connection to work from an HAI (Now Leviton) OmniPro II controller to a Jandy Serial converter. I saw one of your old posts from a forum talking about the Jandy. I have the serial converter and a RS-232 sniffer but I cannot get the Jandy to do anything I send it. Whether it be from the OP II or directly from my lapptop all of the ASCII codes do not work.
First question is I am sending the commnds that are described in the Jandy manual.
#AUX3=ONCR
If I am not mistaken, # is the command start, AUX3 is the description, =ON is the set command for set device to ON and then they say it needs a carriage return. I have read CR and spoke to Zodiac tech about that. I have seen ^G as a carraige return. I have read 13 as decimal and 0D as Hexidecimal carraige return.
I have added spaces in the string to no avail. Will the carraige return make the command fail? All I want to do is turn Aux’s on and off.
Thank You in advanced for any help.
Frank