RFID Anti theft device for wallets

Bienn

Joined Nov 18, 2015
Hello there, this is my first post on this forum. My friend and I was wondering if a device like so existed to the current date, sounds like a stupid question though. It has an alarm and will be triggered when a key or RIFD thingy? is moved until a certain range. Sorry, english isn't my main language, if anyone has any knowledge about this, do reply back. Thanks

P/s: I seriously don't know how to describe the thing.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The items in the post #2 link aren't tracking devices. They simply sound an alert if the two parts are separated by more than a certain distance.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
The items in the post #2 link aren't tracking devices. They simply sound an alert if the two parts are separated by more than a certain distance.
And some of the items in post #3 also have distance alarms per the initial request..

Bikers/Metal heads have had this figured out for years though.. :)

Bienn

Joined Nov 18, 2015
Ah. Well the the first link seems quite good to what we're currently looking for. Do you know anything regarding the device my good sir? How it functions, circuit design and so on?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
This type of product is a fail from the start- Technology is not going to solve this problem.

90% of the time the battery is dead when something happens.
9% of the time - it's a false alarm.
0.9% of the time- you forgot to turn it on.
0.1% of the time your wallet is gone - and the guy who stole it is HUGE and has a knife...

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
This type of product is a fail from the start- Technology is not going to solve this problem.

90% of the time the battery is dead when something happens.
9% of the time - it's a false alarm.
0.9% of the time- you forgot to turn it on.
0.1% of the time your wallet is gone - and the guy who stole it is HUGE and has a knife...
There was a pretty big guy in a Pittsburgh bar watching a comedy routine with one of those chain wallets. A pretty little lady sat down next to him and he became really distracted. Then a kid with a black sweatshirt and black hat squatted down on the other side of this guy for a second. When the drinks came for the pretty lady, he didn't have any cash or credit cards to pay - and she was gone before the guy could explain his situation to the waitress. The kid had some big nads and the girl knew just what to do. Apparently she was reaching around his waist and teasing him by juggling the chain. That way he didn't know who was pulling his chain when the kid was taking a withdrawal.

Bienn

Joined Nov 18, 2015
Well then, does anyone here have any ideas regarding said topic? I'm actually asking because we took this anti theft device thingy as a project. Oh thanks for replying a lot guys. We haven't tried contacting the manufacturer though.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In your idea, what is checking the continuous proximity of the tag assigned to the wallet?

What would you use to power that thing?

Bienn

Joined Nov 18, 2015
It's very important when you choose a project that it's something you stand a chance of completing and since you seem to be asking for someone else to do all the research and design for you, I don't think you do.
Sorry though if it seems like I'm trying to make people do the research. We just got the project and it's still a long way to go, I'll update more on the research then. Thanks for replying though blocco.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Cut and fold some tin foil to the size of the bill pocket of wallet.

Insert foil.

Fold wallet.

You are now protected against RFID scans.

Bienn

Joined Nov 18, 2015
Cut and fold some tin foil to the size of the bill pocket of wallet.

Insert foil.

Fold wallet.

You are now protected against RFID scans.
Thanks but um. The project isn't to protect against RFID scans, it's meant to alarm the owner if the wallet is moved withing a certain area. I'll hit back when my mate and I finish with the research stuffs.