RF simple beep transmission micro controller question.

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017
Do I need a micro controller like an Arduino to transmit a beep with a remote to a receiver? I want to use Radio frequency but I don't know anything about the product names, this remote will make the receiver beep in another room in my house when I press the transmission button. What is a brand of transmitter and receiver that I could use? Thank you for your help!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You don't need to transmit the actual beep. For instance, this remote control makes one of the four receiver outputs high when one of the buttons on the remote is pressed. So connecting a buzzer to one of the outputs will activate the buzzer when the button is pressed.

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017
It would be cheaper to buy a cordless door bell.

Les.
Someone has said that before, but I don't understand the components that I need, I'm prototyping an invention and I have a lot of notes about circuit boards but I can't find out what I need to research and buy from Radio Shack.

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017
You don't need to transmit the actual beep. For instance, this remote control makes one of the four receiver outputs high when one of the buttons on the remote is pressed. So connecting a buzzer to one of the outputs will activate the buzzer when the button is pressed.
That's perfect, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy that, so when I press the one button it makes the first receiver beep and the two button makes a different one beep or is it different tones being demodulates by the one receiver? Thank you so much, perfect!!!!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
With a cordless door bell you don't need anything else. You got the door button and the bell. When you press the button the bell will ring (or chime or play a tune or whatever it does).

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017
So I was looking into the model, does it make noise or just light up an LED? It looks like it just makes the corresponding LED light up?
With a cordless door bell you don't need anything else. You got the door button and the bell. When you press the button the bell will ring (or chime or play a tune or whatever it does).

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017
Did you want to pay more?
It has to be the kind which buzzes by just applying power.
No that's perfect, sorry I asked before I clicked on the link haha. So I just attach the legs of the buzzer to the board output pin? Thank you so much, you have helped me so much now I know how to make the prototype and I don't have to hire an engineer!!!

Jgfure645

Joined Jan 27, 2017