Reverse motor rotation automatically using limit switch

zubair u din

Joined Mar 4, 2015
Hi,

I am trying to make a planer machine(collage project). If you don't know what is planer machine then please google it. After google please read remaining post.

So my question is I have a single phase motor with 40-50 rpm and motor power is 1HP. In motor i have three wire. I can change motor direction using wires.
For example. three wires(yellow, black, red) yellow is neutral/common wire. When i connect (yellow and black) together and apply AC supply Motor rotate forward.
When i connect (yellow and red) together and apply AC supply Motor rotate reverse.

Now I wanna change motor direction automatically. In planer machine i have table which i wanna move forward and backward. I bought two limit switches like image in the end of this post. i can see three connector option in limit switch.

When my table reach my bed/base end i wanna rotate motor direction of table move backward and when table reach other end of bed/base i wanna again change motor direction so table move forward.

I found this video in YouTube
I want same thing/movement.

I don't know electronics or electricity So please explain in detail and if you can tell me how can i do this.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
I also had to google collage. Here's what I found: Collage (From the French: coller, to glue, is a technique of an art production, primarily used in the visual arts, where the artwork is made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Now I wanna change motor direction automatically. In planer machine i have table which i wanna move forward and backward. I want same thing/movement.
Another point is the mechanics of the machine including the motor, has to be able to 'instant' reverse without placing undue strain on components.
Max.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You are not going to be able to do an instant reverse of a 1HP motor without placing undue strain on something. Therefore, there needs to be a device to delay reversal after the limit switch operates. The motor will take some time to come to a halt, so the limit switch needs to be positioned to allow for this.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The utube vid appears to show the mechanism reversing but possibly not the motor as is often done in a surface grinder where rapid reverse is used.
Although it is not that clear as there appears to be both a reverser contactor and also a VFD, which usually do not both exist for one motor?
Max.