Retro Computing Action Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Lethal Records, DJ Lutz

If you have a Kindle, the Kindle app on a PC or SmartPhone, my attempt at a novel is now available for a special promotional price of $0.00. Yes, free.

I think you might like this book:
https://a.co/86PogvJ

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi djsfantasi,
I downloaded your book to my kindle and read it. The fact that is was linked to the Boston area made me think it might have a connection with DEC as I used to work for DEC in the UK as a field service engineer. After reading it I wondered if the software part was influenced by "MUMPS" software. I enjoyed the story.
Good luck with any future writing.

Les.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi djsfantasi,
I downloaded your book to my kindle and read it. The fact that is was linked to the Boston area made me think it might have a connection with DEC as I used to work for DEC in the UK as a field service engineer. After reading it I wondered if the software part was influenced by "MUMPS" software. I enjoyed the story.
Good luck with any future writing.

Les.
Thanks for your reply. I was a large fan of DEC and worked on many of their systems. In fact, one large software development was coded by me with the DEC 2060 as a target. Before it was released by DEC. We tested on the third shift in the DEC development labs.

The software which inspired this story does indeed exist. The events therein COULD have occurred. But it was coded in assembly language on an IBM 370. The database also existed created by a proprietary database system before large commercial database software existed (No Rdb; No Oracle)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.