respecting people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The way I see things, Audioguru, you have fallen once again into a racist fit. I don't thing racism and cultural intolerance are virtues Dave and Rob would like AAC to adhere to.

Other members and I have notified the rest of the moderators about it and we are discussing about it.

If it was just on my call, I would suspend your activity for now.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@Audioguru! The day you stop seeing the world in just black and white. I really think you will feel better inside.
I was amazed to see that Buffalo and Detroit are full of black people. I think the southern parts of America are also full of black people as shown on the news coverage of hurricanes.
You dont say that! The good thing is that you can stay inside your white neighborhood and only watch that kind of disasters on the telly

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The way I see things, Audioguru, you have fallen once again into a racist fit. I don't thing racism and cultural intolerance are virtues Dave and Rob would like AAC to adhere to.

Other members and I have notified the rest of the moderators about it and we are discussing about it.

If it was just on my call, I would suspend your activity for now.
I deleted some of the truthful parts of my post that you do not like.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I arrive on any forum, and I try my hardest to just be polite.

Just because one is on the internet, it doesn't mean that it is acceptable to say anything.

I arrive and I respect everyone just the same, however I cannot seem to help developing opinions of users. Some are just rude from the offset, some seem respectable, but then loose my respect, whilst the majority seem like very nice people, who have my utmost respect. I guess the same occurs in real life, but often people's real personality comes out online, under the pseudo-anonomity of the internet.

But no matter how I feel about someone, wether it be because of their views, spelling, pronounciation (check a dictionary!), nationality, age, etc - I would do my best to respect the community and not publicly moan or waggle my tongue. Or should that be fingers? :p

To the OP, I feel very sorry that you believe that people here have been disrespectful, I think that sometimes we all do things without thinking or consideration for others. At the end of the day, it is too easy to become 'removed' when on the internet.

Every post here was written by a human being. Some may be rude, some may be difficult to understand and some may be vague, but they have all been created by a human and I think that that deserves a least a little respect.

Let's all get on, and have fun. :)

One day we will all die, we will cease to exist on Earth. Our views, opinions, everything we have achieved will eventually fade away. Why not just enjoy our time here, instead of hating and spreading hate on others?

Life is too short to hate people. :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yes, BMorse, it certainly does get tiring. I look forward to the day when the world will tire of Chinese inadequacies in their product quality, among other shortfall, and leave them hanging in the lurch until such time as they acknowledge and rectify those inadequacies, or we stop dealing with them altogether.
When we put taxes on chinese imports so that US mnf's can compete pricewise. until then good luck.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
To the OP, I feel very sorry that you believe that people here have been disrespectful, I think that sometimes we all do things without thinking or consideration for others. At the end of the day, it is too easy to become 'removed' when on the internet.
That's actually a real psychological issue. It's called the Online Disinhibition Effect. I try my hardest to avoid it, and to be as polite to everyone online as I would in person, if not more so. If I become visibly agitated or annoyed and bite someone's head off, either I'm just having a bad day, or the person really crossed the line. I hope I never get to this point, and I apologize in advance if I ever do (or if I have in the past).

Personally, I don't care how much you dislike someone, whether it be their background, native language, age, gender, nationality, etc. You have absolutely no right to start spewing hatred all over the forums. As for the "perfect all-white community" in which AG claims to live, it sounds an awful lot like the so-called "utopia" this evil guy was trying to build in the 1930s-40s. Sound familiar? Over 8 million people were viciously murdered for no reason but for their native language, nationality, and background. How is this any different?

AG, to be perfectly honest, you should know better than to hate on other groups of people. They have every right to come here without being criticized, looked down upon, and/or hated. They should not have to worry about people like you breathing down their backs and posting rude, racist comments. That's my opinion.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
The US and Canada as we know them today have been invaded by white europeans who took the land from the natives.

It seems very hypocritical hearing these people moan about 'blooming immigrants' when they wouldn't exist at all if it wasn't for their ancestors immigrating and plundering the natives.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Racist? No.
Hatred? No.
I reported what I saw.

Look at Wikipedia to see that I was correct about the major race of people in Detroit (82.7% of the population). I said nothing bad about them.
I have never been to Louisianna nor Alabama so I reported what I saw on TV.
I don't know any people of that race so I don't hate them. I said nothing bad about them.

Wikipedia says that I was correct to say that my race is now the minority of the city I grew up in, Vancouver. It says now there are a lot of Chinese people there. I said I do not know any Chinese people. I do not hate them. I said nothing bad about them.

Wikipedia also says that my race is the majority of the population of my city. I didn't say my race is better or worse than any other race.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
So you just stated that there is a influx of Chinese people in your town just for the fact of it, in a totally unrelated thread.

Please don't consider us so naive.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Racist? No.
Hatred? No.
I reported what I saw.

Look at Wikipedia to see that I was correct about the major race of people in Detroit (82.7% of the population). I said nothing bad about them.
I have never been to Louisianna nor Alabama so I reported what I saw on TV.
I don't know any people of that race so I don't hate them. I said nothing bad about them.

Wikipedia says that I was correct to say that my race is now the minority of the city I grew up in, Vancouver. It says now there are a lot of Chinese people there. I said I do not know any Chinese people. I do not hate them. I said nothing bad about them.

Wikipedia also says that my race is the majority of the population of my city. I didn't say my race is better or worse than any other race.
We all know that there are many races mixing together all over the world. It's a fact. But the way you said it sounded very rude with a tinge of hatred. You are complaining about different races coming together. That, AG, is a form of racism--something which I do not appreciate on a forum as friendly and as tolerant as this one.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Yes, BMorse, it certainly does get tiring. I look forward to the day when the world will tire of Chinese inadequacies in their product quality, among other shortfall, and leave them hanging in the lurch until such time as they acknowledge and rectify those inadequacies, or we stop dealing with them altogether.
But to be fair, since nearly everything is now made in China, it is a pretty logical assumption to think the failed part came from there.:p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Ok mates. I think it's time to knock it off. We've heard enough.
Let's all strive to maintain the high standards of AAC as it is.
We can all put this to rest now.
Agreed. I think we are done here.

Slipped under the wire there BH. :D I had to delete my previous message and re-entered it to have the last word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R General Electronics Chat 56