Resetting target system circuit

Emietenkorte

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hello,
I am trying to build a system that will reset my pistol plate rack using a 12v 5amp car window motor and a long range momentary remote switch. I am looking to have it set up similar to a garage door if you start with it open. Push the button momentarily on the remote and it goes down but if it hits an object in the path of the door it senses it and opens up again. Then when you hit the button it closes again and the cycle repeats. With the plate rack I would like to hit the button once which causes the motor to turn and the resetting arm to reset the targets and then when they are reset and the arm hits its maximum travel I would like the polarity to switch and return the resetting arm to its original resting position ready to catch the targets.... and repeat. Hopefully a one push of the button on the remote operation. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated!

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
I can see this being done with one 3PDT relay, two limit switches, and one pushbutton switch.

Pushbutton and limit #1 are in parallel, press the button and the motor starts.
In less than 1 sec it has moved off of limit sw #1, and the NO contacts close and continue to power the system after the pushbutton is released.
Power gets to the motor through two throws of the 3PDT relay wired as a standard power reverser.
At the end or travel the actuator hits limit sw #2, which closes and applies power to the 3PDT relay.
This reverses power to the motor, plus the 3rd set of contacts is in parallel with limit sw #2 to hold the relay on.
When the actuator returns to the starting point it hits limit sw #1, removing all power to the system. This resets the reversing relay.

ak

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
At bottom of this page, find: Similar Forum Posts, middle one, Resetting Target-.... down to post # 29
select This one Did, look for posts by MLD & Bernard.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello,
I am trying to build a system that will reset my pistol plate rack using a 12v 5amp car window motor and a long range momentary remote switch. I am looking to have it set up similar to a garage door if you start with it open. Push the button momentarily on the remote and it goes down but if it hits an object in the path of the door it senses it and opens up again. Then when you hit the button it closes again and the cycle repeats. With the plate rack I would like to hit the button once which causes the motor to turn and the resetting arm to reset the targets and then when they are reset and the arm hits its maximum travel I would like the polarity to switch and return the resetting arm to its original resting position ready to catch the targets.... and repeat. Hopefully a one push of the button on the remote operation. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated!
http://redstitchtactical.com/plate-racks.html Plate rack

The mechanism must fall back out of the way after resetting the target. Maybe a good feature would be a red LED while operating and a green LED when ready again.
Maybe just a long string to pull it back up?