Request for help in identifying this component...

uz1290

Joined Aug 10, 2020
Hi all, new to the forum and I am wanting to repair a circuit board that I have come across.

Upon visual inspection, it seems that the green component had corroded leads. Wiggling it a bit more, and it just fell off the circuit board where it was soldered on terminal 'X1' in the upper left of the photo.
The indication I see on it are T 16.0G.

Could someone please shed some light on what this could be? I tried a bit of google search and believe it may be a ceramic resonator. Not sure what rating. My best guess would be 16.0 to the power of something?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.20200810_120939.jpg20200810_120945.jpg

uz1290

Joined Aug 10, 2020
What is the function of the board?
It is the main control board for a U-Line refrigerator. I get no power at all to any of the fridge components, so I figure I could start here.

hi 1290,
Welcome to AAC.
It is a 16MHz resonator.
E
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9420
Looks like a ceramic resonator at 16 MHz.
Thank you both! I had thought so as well, but was not sure since I was going off of SI units, I remember the 'G' was to the power of the 9 and 'M" to the power of 6. I guess in this case the 'G' is irrelevant or does not apply to the identification of the component.

uz1290

Joined Aug 10, 2020