Repeat Time Delay Relay Circuit

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
I want a repeated time delay circuit tht turns on for 1-2 secs and turns off for 5 secs and then repeats the cycle...
plz help

Regards
Kay Jay

lmartinez

Joined Mar 8, 2009
A programmable microchip will do the job..... Moving up to the next step will be an RC circuit with a feed back system for accuracy.......

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Are you wanting an oscillator, which repeats endlessly, or a time delay (aka monostable), that comes out with a fixed time pulse after an event (trigger)?

If you're just wanting a square wave driving a relay there are simple ways to do it. For example, I've started a cookbook in my blog, look at the last entry in Simple 555 Oscillators, Simple Multivibrator with Diode. The previous entry, Simple Multivibrator, is better, but is inverted from what you want. This can be corrected with a simple inverter, which a second 555 can do nicely.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=381

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?bt=723

Need help with the math just ask.

What are you planning on using for the power supply voltage?

I get the feeling you want to trigger off of some input, we need more information about that input.

Last edited:

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
i just want this circuit to start my generator....just need it for switching...no power required...just want a 555 simple circuit...

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
the relay should turn on for 2 sec and will give self to the gen.
if the gen. doesn't start in the first try it will again give self after 5 secs....the circuit will be operated by a 12v7ah Nicd battery...

whatsthatsmell

Joined Oct 9, 2009
the relay should turn on for 2 sec and will give self to the gen.
if the gen. doesn't start in the first try it will again give self after 5 secs....the circuit will be operated by a 12v7ah Nicd battery...
You haven't given a lot of information here.
What are you going to use for an input to trigger the start of the circuit? Are you going to manually trigger the circuit or is it supposed to automatically start when the power goes out?

Two seconds will not be long enough to start a cold engine.

What input are you going to use to shut the circuit off when the gen starts?

How are you going to turn on the ignition of the generator to allow the engine to start?

This involves a lot more than a simple 555 circuit.

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
i've all those Circuits rdy which makes the generators switch on and off automatically...i juz want a repeat time delay...i dun have much time to write the whole story...plz sum one help me in the on/off repeat circuit...pass on some schematic plzzz...
@ whatsthesmell
sry dun mind plzz m in a hurry...i'll tell u the entire idea sumtime...