repeat cycle relay issue

keystone12

Joined Mar 18, 2023
Hello
I've been tasked with making an automated aerosol can punch device, as per EPA-OSHA regs I can't have any electrical [sensors] inside the vapor /can punch enclosed area, I'm using 3 air cylinders controlled by 3 Macromatic[ 8 pin socket] repeat cycle timer relays connected to 3 2way solenoid valves which run to 3 flow controls,when power is turned on[120v] via selector switch the cylinders sequence perfectly for 5 cycles then the sequence drifts how do I maintain consistency?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Might suit a Smart-Relay application, they have an accurate built in timer/24hr clock.
There are a few makers of these PLC relays.

keystone12

Joined Mar 18, 2023
Welcome to AAC :)

Can you show your schematic (how its wired up) and a link to the relay spec.
Thank you don't have a print drawn yet can send you pics monday morn but wiring goes 120v incoming through circuit breaker to E-stop to illuminated selector switch to repeat relay #1
Welcome to AAC :)

Can you show your schematic (how its wired up) and a link to the relay spec.
Thank You I don't have a schematic drawn up yet can send you a pic of my control box mon morn here's the link for what i'm using TR-53122-05 | Time Delay Relay | Macromatic I'm running 120v hot through circuit breaker to E-stop to illumninated selector switch to timer #1 neutral to timer #1 to connection 2-7 on socket than jumpering hot/neutral to #2 and # 3 timer relay to power the coils, than taking hot from e-stop to socket connection #1 on relay #1 and jumpering to relay #2 and # 3 than each solenoid is connected to its designated timer,hot is connected to socket connection #3 and neutral is connected to socket #7 can i send you a pic and a video mon morn?