Repairing the circuit board contacts for a music keyboard (or a remote control)

Ojustaboo

Joined Sep 22, 2018
Hi

I've been given a 31 year old music keyboard that wasn't working. I've replaced 16 switches and one capacitor and it's sprung into life.

One of the notes isn't working.

It works similar to a remote control, you press the key, it pushes down a rubber contact with carbon on it, the circuit board has a black I presume graphic like substance on it, the rubber contact touches the two black bits on the circuit board and it plays a note.

There's plenty of info on how to repair the rubber contacts, and plenty of products out there to do so.

But the rubber contacts is fine (I've tried swapping it with one of the other notes) , it looks like someone cleaned this particular contact on the circuit board with some sort of emery cloth etc as it's flat and shiny whereas all the other notes have raised and dull black texture on the circuit board.

How do I go about repairing the circuit board side (rather than the rubber contact) or is it the same as repairing a rubber contact, say some sort of conductible glue?

Many thanks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Proove the contacts work by shorting them together with a screwdriver to make the note sound, then you know it will work, otherwise it could be something else.