Repairing a Mikita BDF452

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
So a old but good drill of mine just went out it is a Makita BDF452. I replaced the brushes and that seemed to work but I am once again having a problem where it just stops working all of a sudden and the only thing that happens when I hit the switch is the led comes on. Ill leave it fora while come back and it will work again. The power seems to be generally lower than before I put new brushes in. Now The brushes are not the exact same ones that came out I took out 436 and puit back in a 440. The vendor said it worked on this model number. Does it matter that much, in a caliper its basically same size shape etc.

I am kinda at a loss of where to go next another snafu was I really didn't understand how it all mounted together on the inside and in my screwing with stuff I nocked one of the steel plates off the outer portion of the motor and bent it. I don't know if that can effect anything. Let me know if you want pictures. The entirety of the interior of the rear housing can be bought maybe something in that is broke. Kinda at a loss of what direction to go in next, any help appreciated.

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
Yes according to this link. Thank you Twohats BTW

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/294188/Makita-Bdf452.html#manual

It is part 12 that I am talking about when I say I knocked off a plate, or as the manule says "YOKE UNIT, BDF451"! Again I don't know if that can effect the drill in any way. That thing is just a huge block of Stainless Steel plates I think maybe it is aluminum IDK. For the most part that is the drill. I can easily get the Part 14 Or "The Brush Holder" so that is an easy replacement now that I know how to poke around in there. Im not sure if it can have something to do a little detail I noticed that there are two different brushes in the parts list. Could that be some kind of polarization or current manipulation that I don't understand? Any help appreciated.

Again the problem is it goes a little then just stops working completely does not feel as strong as it did but that could just be my perception.