Removing DC offset from AC signal

musabfarooq

Joined Mar 22, 2017
I have an AC signal with a DC offset of about 100mV. I want to remove the DC offset. Please suggest me the efficient way to remove it.

Alex B.

Joined Jun 12, 2018
FYI, Primaluna (Ah!) has been using a DC offset circuit called AC Offset Killer in their premium products ...

685695d1528520595-primalunas-ac-offset-killer-primaluna_offset_killer_boards-jpg

I've been trying to figure out the circuit and last weekend I built their ver2 using the schematics below for my hifi power outlet using these diodes and capacitors:
684619d1527961402-primalunas-ac-offset-killer-offsetkiller-jpg

Since I have no tools to measure the results other than my ears, my opinion is very subjective.
Lets see if anybody can measure the results.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Alex, Those references require membership in the diyAudio forum, so are not visible to most of us.
I've been trying to figure out the circuit and last weekend I built their ver2 using the schematics below for my hifi power outlet
So you are trying to reduce DC offset in the AC power from the wall?
Sounds like snake oil to me.

Alex B.

Joined Jun 12, 2018
Alex, Those references require membership in the diyAudio forum, so are not visible to most of us.
So you are trying to reduce DC offset in the AC power from the wall?
Sounds like snake oil to me.
You are the experts..I'm nobody.
It will be nice to see the results before and after.
The circuit costs $22 using the parts mentioned in my previous post.
For me, the results are very subjective:
It seems louder, and the bass is stronger and more defined. I also dare to say the instruments resonance has improved. The toroidal of my int. amp had a buzzing noise. It's gone now. It live in an apartment complex so...the before and after results..are any shape or form scientific.

Last edited: