Remember Beenthere Over The Holidays

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm only received two cards to forward, but if anyone want to send Christmas cards the same deal applies. They were both over the pond, which I think comforted Joyce somewhat.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Joyce has kids, but they are all grown, and fled the nest. She is alone in her house with cats for company. I suppose a lot of Widow's go through this, it sucks. I only wish I was closer, but I'm not. I write her email now and again, she is good people. I hope Christmas she it surrounded by family, as with Thanksgiving.

She does visit this site occasionally, and you will know her by her profile.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Considering the quickly impending holiday, maybe an e-card would be better. Does anyone know if we could all sign one? Then Bill could send it off?

I hope Joyce already knows how many friends Beenthere has here and the countless numbers that he has helped.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Speaking for myself, I do not like eCards. I've had too many virus payloads delivered that way.

If you want to do it give me a heads up so I can warn her it is OK.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm thinking maybe one from a reputable site that we can all sign.

And I don't like them either. To me it is the lazy way out. But considering that Christmas is just 2 weeks away it might be the only thing that makes sense.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Beenthere,liked his privacy,I think his family needs lots of time
before we start asking for contact information.So for now lets
do it Bill's way,it needs to be slow anyway.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Beenthere,liked his privacy,I think his family needs lots of time
before we start asking for contact information.So for now lets
do it Bill's way,it needs to be slow anyway.
I think if she only reads this thread and sees how many people's lives beenthere has made a bit brighter, or better, it may be of more comfort that a card.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Being a newcomer to the forum, I never had the privilege of knowing Beenthere, but I would like to share this personal message about the true meaning of Christmas--the message of redemption offered by Jesus Christ--you see, I trusted Christ as my personal savior when I was in engineering school (1964)--a classmate shared the Gospel with me and I believed it. It was a life-changing experience and I would like all to know.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9.6 (BC740)--inspiration for Handel's Messiah

Hopefully, Beenthere is a believer and is indeed looking down--need more evidence? check out this astonishing youtube clip about a 3 year old that went to heaven and returned: <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hopefully, Beenthere is a believer and is indeed looking down--need more evidence? check out this astonishing youtube clip about a 3 year old that went to heaven and returned: <snip>
Religion and politics do not belong on this site, given it's international flavor. Beenthere's beliefs were his own, and nobodies business but his own. I knew the man, knew his beliefs, and noticed he did not mention them publically. If you want to show real respect you will respect his wishes. That last paragraph was over the top for a man I deeply respect and miss. He is not to be judged by anyone here.

You are entitled to your personal beliefs, but you are not allowed to evangelize on this site, any more than another religion is. This issue has come up before. People kill each other over their beliefs. Christians have done it, Muslims have done it, it is human nature.

This entire site is a flame free zone. Part of my job is to keep it that way.

If you look at my threads about Christmas I celebrate the season, but I do not push my beliefs onto others at AAC, and expect to be treated the same way. I do not have beenthere's character about keeping quiet, though I wish I did.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I think Bill "beenthere" was one of the first members I met here on AAC. He was always a great contributor to the site, and helped so many people. He will be missed, and I wish the very best for his family.

Regards

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Please accept my apology for using Bill Beenthere's passing for an occasion for sharing my personal beliefs--in retospect, I have to admit it was poor taste--and thank you for not fully deleting the post.