Regenerated

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Just picked up a cute little MFJ Regenerative SW receiver at the local ham flea market. I forgot how sensitive these little puppies are! Great fun....amazing what you can do with 3 transistors! :)

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
In the June 1998 QST there was an article on an OCR Reciever by N1BYT. ORC---optical coupled regenerative. I bought the board only from Jade products for $5. I only set it up for 40 meters. But it has a socket for the other bands. AM, SSB and CW. I use a random wire with a rca jack for ant. Very cheap to build. Very sensitive and very stable. It uses 2 nine volt batteries, long life. Works perfect to this day.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
I put together a little one tube regen with one 6418 tube, it runs off two 9 volt and one AA batteries. real neat how those one tube designs work so well.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
In the early 70's, a buddy and I were studying for our ham code test. We both built transistor regens. He lived about a block away. It was very easy to hear each others receiver. We hooked up our keys. We were well prepared for that test.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
I got an nc300 national reciever at a sidewalk sale and its a great ham band only recieverf. a real hernia generator, it weighs about 65 pounds.
cliff wa0rox

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
You lucky dog. You probably doubled your money on the copper alone. Does it work? These are great old machines. Tubes always catch my attention. I like to see that 6418 circuit.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the circuit is in makeradio.com, the usuall ticklercoil regen with the only differences being an extra resistor in the filament supply since it only runs on 1.4 volts at 10 ma, resistor is to drop usual 1.5 volt battery to 1.4
the nc300 works great, doing an alignment on it now, and cleaning up a little. the 5 lb flywheel tuning knob makes it real smooth. with 14 tubes, it warms up a little, but not too bad.