Reflowing ????

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I have a Xbox 360 slim or projects that needs to be reflow .. I was looking to use a skillet for reflowing cause I have read it gives the best results .. So what do you guys or like ??

Thanks

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Working with smd parts ..
At least one UK magazine has published a reflow project based on a pizza oven.

It has a micro to manage pre-heat, reflow and cooling stages.

You have to be pretty careful if you try to do it manually.

When I did the mechanical segment of my college course, they had like melting temperature calibrated metal pyramids that you put in a heat treating kiln - you watch through the window for when the tip melts and droops.

Not sure if you can still get those, but you could lay a length of the right composition solder across a couple of trestles and cut the power when it melts.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
When I did the mechanical segment of my college course, they had like melting temperature calibrated metal pyramids that you put in a heat treating kiln - you watch through the window for when the tip melts and droops.
Kind of funny that this technology is used to make electronics. The ceramics industry always used these "cones" and when the started to melt, they shut down the kiln - their holy grail was an electronic control - no even the electronics industry could find a solution. Interesting...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrSoftware General Electronics Chat 8