Referral request: A simple instrumentation amlifier.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have several projects I would like to try an instrumentation amp on(mostly power supplies). Anyone have a favorite part number they would care to share?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
One of my design staples is a pseudo ground, low PS voltage is a plus, as is a higher voltage tolerance. Got me a new toy, my old one died after the years of disuse. Cheaper too...

New Toy.png

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi W,
I find the AD623 is a low cost, single supply IA.
E
Clip:
Although the design of the AD623 was optimized to operate from a single supply, the AD623 still provides superior performance when operated from a dual voltage supply (±2.5 V to ±6.0 V).

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Is the Rsense resistor in the Low side of the project.?
What is value of the Rsense resistor.?

It would create a LTSpice simulation of a suitable circuit, if required.

E

If your measuring voltage across a power supply sense resistor, I'd really reccomend an OP amp designed for the job.

I had to convert 0-40V to 0-5V and measure the voltage across a sense resistor in the + output of a seven KIK power supplies. The 0-5 control input was relative to the plus output. Isolation amplifiers were required.

When I wanted to order a power supply with isolation amplifiers built in (optional), it was a $500.00 USD option for a $1500.00 power supply. It was turned down. The hope was to be able to display power in the future.