readin g

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello guys!

I have tried reading AAC eBook seriously and have stopped at nonlinear conduction.

you know what, i really have low motivation in reading eBooks unless if it is really important. I prefer physical books. I bought one (Electrical books) yrs ago and i can't understand it too.:(

does the environment have significant over reading eBooks?

i cant understand schematic. i know most of the symbols there but i dont know where the electron is really starting?

you know what, what i really like is um power engineering, the big transformer at post near your houses.:)

that's why my first po st is http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=43850

um, do you know how iPod's case are made?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Last question first,

China. It is where Ipods are made.

Start slow, you want to digest too much too fast. You need to work on your 12V lighting projects first, get them down. If you are there already, then decide which way you want to go.

A fairly powerful DC generator is a automotive alternator, but it is DC.

You can buy a generator, but making one is something I couldn't do. It has too many specialized parts, some machine shop required.

Which brings up a second point. If you have access to machine shop classes, electrical classes, carpentry, what not (in the states we call it votech, for vocational tech). Even if you never use it in real life, they are useful skills to have. There is a lot of things to learn in this world, and you have time to learn a lot of them.

bretm

Joined Feb 6, 2012
i know most of the symbols there but i dont know where the electron is really starting?
To address just that specific question: in typical circuits, the electrons don't start anywhere. They are already everywhere throughout the circuit.

This is talked about in the AAC book at http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_1/2.html, although keep in mind that when it says that "as each electron moves uniformly through a conductor, it pushes on the one ahead of it" is really just an analogy to help form a mental model to picture what's going on.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It looks like it's pressed. You just get a sheet of metal and a pair of dies the shape you want, then apply a couple of tons of force.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Imagine a tube of marbles.

When you push one end, the movement is transferred very quickly down all the marbles to the other end. This is similar to how the electrons 'flow'.

You may be pushing the marble slow, but the movement is transferred very quickly, which is why the world of electricity and electronics is so quick. Electrons themselves are relatively slow.

P.S. I know what you mean about physical books. If AAC were to publish a book, I'd buy it straight away.
http://www.lulu.com/

Hint hint. ;)

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We have actually had people who wanted to publish. Problem is, there was some ambiguity whether they wanted to try to "own" the book afterwards. That was unacceptable.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
All it takes is a printer and you can have the ebooks in printed form. The webpage allows you to download the whole ebook.