re purposing l.e.d t.v

scytzoh

Joined Nov 8, 2015
hello this is my first post .i was wanting to ask a question about a l.e.d. tv that i have taken the broken screen out of and am useing for a light in my crawl space it works wonderfully nice and bright the only problem id that it times out and goes off..just like it would if there was no input from a dvd player or whatever is there a way to by pass this?? a connection on the board to solder together or wire to twist together or something?? thank you very much!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
An LED tv screen times out with no video input. That is all the information you gave. Do you think all are the same and somebody here must know which wire will bypass the time-out function? This is not true. We can't even tell if you are working on a Russian tv or a Chinese tv.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If its just the screen, it will be the led driver chip, possibly timing out after a no signal detection, or it maybe in sleep mode, without seeing what you have, its hard to give a direct result, can you show any pictures or model numbers,
To override the no signal detection, you can input an ac signal about 15khz @1v pp.

scytzoh

Joined Nov 8, 2015
im posting pictures of the board if it might help if someone is able to mark the picture to show me what has to be done if it is at all possible it is a jensen tv i threw the back of tv away so i dont know model i can go get it and post when i doIMG_20151108_133255.jpg IMG_20151108_040834.jpg IMG_20151108_040834.jpg IMG_20151108_040834.jpg IMG_20151108_133224.jpg IMG_20151108_133224.jpg IMG_20151108_133247.jpg

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
hello this is my first post .i was wanting to ask a question about a l.e.d. tv that i have taken the broken screen out of and am useing for a light in my crawl space it works wonderfully nice and bright the only problem id that it times out and goes off..just like it would if there was no input from a dvd player or whatever is there a way to by pass this?? a connection on the board to solder together or wire to twist together or something?? thank you very much!
You can get a basic DVB-T box for literally pocket money price - most will display something on the screen with no RF signal.

Maybe an old discarded VHS VCR - many have a rudimentary test pattern for tuning the TV to its modulator, usually a little slide switch next to the RF sockets.

scytzoh

Joined Nov 8, 2015
that woulld just defeat the whole purpose of doing it ...thou there is no real purpose i just want to tinker and learn something is that wrong?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
i just want to tinker and learn something is that wrong?
It takes all kinds to run the world. You just ran into a pragmatic person, like me. You can spend a week learning how to make an old monitor act like a light bulb, but I wouldn't. That doesn't make you "wrong".

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like thats the combined psu and video input board, try inputting a video signal to the Yellow video socket, from a dvd or vcr, this should override the shutdown, you may have to select the video input channel also.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Looks like thats the combined psu and video input board, try inputting a video signal to the Yellow video socket, from a dvd or vcr, this should override the shutdown, you may have to select the video input channel also.
Or a DVB-T box like I suggested several posts ago.