RC question and NAND NPN

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I am using Proteus as simulator, and a EL2004 as OP AMP, but I did not choose it particularly for this purpose. Seems there is not generic Op Amp in Proteus.. :confused:

It works fine, however respect to the last scheme, it is not needed the 2nd Op Amp, just the first one with the feedback of the NAND to the pin (-). And reversing that RC, putting C to Vcc and R to ground. See scheme.

Regards,
Simon
Every type of op amp has its own characteristics. A TL071 will not work the same as an EL2004. In fact, EL2004 is not even an op amp. It is a high speed unity gain buffer.

There is an old saying about simulators that I heard years ago:

Garbage in = garbage out

This really applies in your case. You need to learn more about electronics before you start using simulators. A simulator is a tool. A tool in the hands of an inexperienced user can be nearly useless, or in some cases, even dangerous.

I am going to unsubscribe to this thread, as I don't like the direction it is going.
At the top of this page are links to a good ebook which can teach you a lot about electronics and electricity. I suggest that you read it.

Good luck.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I like helping people, but I got tired of having to explain what's wrong with every shot-in-the-dark circuit you have been posting. Maybe it's my fault for having too little patience.

Last edited: