Raspberry Pi Timed UPS - No more corrupt cards from power failure!

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
While I can see the point of this there are already a good many flavors of power backup systems already out there. Personally I wouldn't have a need for anything more than what's available so I guess I just don't get the point of it?

Ron

sparky3489

Joined Sep 21, 2009
The point is I haven't seen any that actually maintain a chargeable battery like a standard UPS. All I've ever seen run on alkaline batteries which is ok for short term use. I've even toyed with the idea of email alerts of a power outage as an FYI.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I still don't understand. A UPS is a UPS, why would anyone want a half-vast UPS without a rechargeable battery, that could keep a system going for some guaranteed period of time?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've seen and purchased a number of UPS devices and they all had rechargeable batteries. It is true that they used different technologies, but I'm quite sure they all had rechargeable batteries.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If that is the case why do you need our feedback or opinions. Just do it! If it works fine and if it doesn't you'll learn something about debugging. Looks like a bonus win either way.