Raspberry atlas

Vtoyis

Joined Jan 15, 2021
Hi, I need some help in building a salt water station that will measure temperature, electrical conductivity and dissolved oxygen. These three sensors will be hooked up on a tentacle t3 and on a raspberry pi 4b. I have scripts to read the data but I want somehow to have real time access to these data through a pc or a smartphone. Any ideas? Im newbie in Iot

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
OK, I am going to make a suggestion. Consider using four things:

Node Red
MQTT
InfluxDB
Grafana

Node Red is a graphical programming environment to connect all these things together. MQTT is a way to report the data to Node Red, it's a message queue. InfluxDB is a time series database for storing the data and Grafana is a full featured graphical tool for presenting the data from InfluxDB via a web browser.

I also suggest this: https://tech.scargill.net/the-script/ which is a relatively easy way to get it all on the RPi. It automates all the installations. There are many resources for all these things online.

Vtoyis

Joined Jan 15, 2021
I see that i can do everything i want with node red but i cannot find flows for my sensors...there are flows for db18b20 and dht11 for example but for atlas scientific pt1000 nothing.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I see that i can do everything i want with node red but i cannot find flows for my sensors...there are flows for db18b20 and dht11 for example but for atlas scientific pt1000 nothing.
According to its datasheet, the board included with the probe speaks UART & I2C. You need to use the DIO pins on the RPi to connect it, and some the serial nodes in Node Red to talk to it via the UART.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The sensor is connected on a tentacle t3 and it can read only i2c
With the documentation of the sensor HAT there is a small python program that reads the device. You can use the exec function node to get the output of that program and use it.

Last edited:

Vtoyis

Joined Jan 15, 2021
Sorry for being tedious but you are the only person that answers my questions for this project. I did what you told me, i used the exec function but when running the atlas sample script i get information of the commands like poll etc...so how can i get the data? When you run the script you dont get the data immidietly bit you have to210efd163f57e211fbf931642aaca2f57ef1ae95.png command.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sorry for being tedious but you are the only person that answers my questions for this project. I did what you told me, i used the exec function but when running the atlas sample script i get information of the commands like poll etc...so how can i get the data? When you run the script you dont get the data immidietly bit you have toView attachment 233380 command.
Everything you need is in that program. You just need to look at the source and extract the parts that you need. You may also be able to pass it command line parameters that will provide only what you want.