Rapid Cooler

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Not a chance.
State certified to design heating and cooling equipment up to 1/2 million BTUs per hour since 1985.

Simply put, you can't destroy heat, you move it. If loading a lot of electrons on a capacitor made it hot, cooling the capacitor and then removing a lot of electrons would make it cooler than it was in the first place. If this had any chance of working, some air conditioners or refrigerators would have been made out of capacitors sometime in the last century. This concept was not overlooked, it was eliminated because it won't work.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Actually, such a device exists, though it doesn't use or require high voltage, nor does it use kinectic energy of free electrons. But is does use nothing more than a DC current and semiconductor junctions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

Theoretically, a surface with free electrons can cool via radiation. If there was a way to enhance this mode of cooling, then you might have something....

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I feel it is appropriate to mention that a Peltier device is not a capacitor and does not operate on the principle of reversing the polarity of the charge to remove heat laden electrons.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Course, I already pointed those things out in my post. It does however use electron drift to cool. Whether or not electrons can carry the heat that they absorb is above my pay grade.

Last edited: