range meter

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008
i am currently doing a project for my final year project.it's a ultrasonic range meter using pic 16f873(28 pins) but wen i tried to execute it it doesnt work because i got the source code from a website..any idea's guys..i dont have any knowledge in pic's.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, this really belongs in the Programming forum.

I don't know how we can help you, since you haven't provided the source code or the schematic that you built it to.

If you really want help, you really have to give us more information.

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
Taking the easy way out by using someone else's project... taking the easy way out by not bothering to understand the already designed project by trying to get other people to solve your problem..

This year, two people in my program nearly got away with copying their entire project and claiming that they did it. I wasn't too impressed and happened to stumble upon their entire project online, which earned them a big fat F for a full-credit course and another year in University. If my school didn't want their money, they'd be blacklisted for 5 years in North America and Europe.

The point is, don't take people's hard work when it is supposed to be your time to shine and show what you have learned.

Steve

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
If you don't have any knowledge of PICs, perhaps you should choose a different theme for your final year project. Or take the time and effort to learn about PICs.

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008
i have copied the error on to a microsoft words document and attached it with this reply..i would be really helpfull if you guys could give me some pointers.

Attachments

Caveman

Joined Apr 15, 2008
This year, two people in my program nearly got away with copying their entire project and claiming that they did it. I wasn't too impressed and happened to stumble upon their entire project online, which earned them a big fat F for a full-credit course and another year in University. If my school didn't want their money, they'd be blacklisted for 5 years in North America and Europe.
They should be blacklisted. And if the degree is ABET certified, it could probably be reported to them to force the issue. I mean this with no disrespect to you, but I personally would transfer in this situation. Frankly, I wouldn't want a degree from a university that would give one to a known cheater.

I had a professor that explained it most clearly when he said that if he allowed a person to cheat their way through school, he would be personally responsible for any danger that that person caused to themselves or others in their designs after school due to their lack of knowledge.

Caveman

Joined Apr 15, 2008
Thank you guys for your views but i do need help. any pointer where i could learn more about pic? The project i stated can be found here http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_pic6_6.htm using PIC16F873. Unfortunately, when i try to assembly the source code by using the MPASMWIN, it reported the error on this codes. Can anyone help to look how this problem can be solve? The source codes can be view at http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_pic6_65.htm
Why don't you go to the Microchip website. They make the PIC. Read the application notes. It has a lot of examples.

The best way to get experience with PIC code is to play with it. Experience is a great teacher.