Radio Station for covering 300Km.

djyonguito

Joined May 23, 2013
I am planning to increase my radio station, I would like to cover 300km, and I have my licence already issued and 30 watt transmitter operating.

I just need help, where to buy a reliable equipment, also if someone could help me detailing all the parts that a radio station has one by one.

Please, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am planning to increase my radio station, I would like to cover 300km, and I have my licence already issued and 30 watt transmitter operating.

I just need help, where to buy a reliable equipment, also if someone could help me detailing all the parts that a radio station has one by one.

Please, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Your request is woefully short on details. Some basic questions:
  1. What kind of modulation?
  2. What frequency?
  3. What kind of antenna?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The basic rule for increasing range at that frequency is put up a bigger (higher gain) antenna and put it up higher. That is often the best way to spend your money.

How many elements are in your stacked dipole and how high above the ground is it?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This would be a commercial broadcast application. I have no clue where you could obtain commercial quality equipment for that application. Most of us are hobbyists or Amateur Radio Operators and those outlets are fairly well known at least in the US and Europe. Commercial broadcast standards are quite different and may need to meet various government regulations. Such knowledge should have been part of the licensing process.

Your best bet is to find another commercial broadcaster in your area to ask for advice. If you need to import the equipment that might be a whole other ballgame.

djyonguito

Joined May 23, 2013
This would be a commercial broadcast application. I have no clue where you could obtain commercial quality equipment for that application. Most of us are hobbyists or Amateur Radio Operators and those outlets are fairly well known at least in the US and Europe. Commercial broadcast standards are quite different and may need to meet various government regulations. Such knowledge should have been part of the licensing process.

Your best bet is to find another commercial broadcaster in your area to ask for advice. If you need to import the equipment that might be a whole other ballgame.
I have told with some guys and they said that for increasing my transmitter range I had to use the following equipment: 12800Watt, I could gain around 200km also I will need to set some repeaters in different strategies points. So I would like to know where to buy a kind of equipment like this. Otherwise, I keep searching and get in touch again with the friend who gift me the 30watt transmitter. Even though, I will appreciate if someone can provide me at least 2 names of companies that sell FM transmitter, just for compare prices.

Thanks for helping me.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
I have told with some guys and they said that for increasing my transmitter range I had to use the following equipment: 12800Watt, I could gain around 200km also I will need to set some repeaters in different strategies points. So I would like to know where to buy a kind of equipment like this. Otherwise, I keep searching and get in touch again with the friend who gift me the 30watt transmitter. Even though, I will appreciate if someone can provide me at least 2 names of companies that sell FM transmitter, just for compare prices.

Thanks for helping me.
High power FM Broadcasting Transmitters are around $500000 dollars or more.

They are commonly paired with gain antennas mounted on self supporting towers or guyed masts weighing in the 100s of tonnes.
(At prices in the Millions of dollars)

You may get away with some shipping containers or similar to fit the
Transmitter & program input equipment into.(probably get them modified for around $5000)

You then have to provide 3phase mains power to the Transmitter,plus a Standby Diesel for when you lose the mains supply.

Then there is the property on which the Station will be established.
Buy it,at $1000000 plus,or lease it for 99 years.

If you are really lucky,you may be given the chance to co-site with an already established Station,when some of these costs will not apply,but you will have to pay rent!

By the way,I haven't even included the Studio & Studio-to Transmitter links.

After all this,you still won't reach out to a radius of 300km!

FM Broadcasting Stations with an EIRP of around 100kW,normally fade out at around 100km or so, in normal circumstances.

During the summer months you may reach very much further due to Tropospheric Ducting,but that may only be for a few days at a time,& cannot be relied upon.

djyonguito

Joined May 23, 2013
Great! I have a look of those pages, there are such amazing equipment in those pages, and I was comparing prices, seem to be interesting equipment there, by the way, the guy who told me about what do I need for and gift me the 30watt, he has suggested me to drop by www.veronica.co.uk, they said that had 16 years, the thing that sparked my attention was the organization, quite organized and more detailed than the page that you provided me. Can you have a look and let me know about? I need a reliable company where to invest my money in a good quality equipment, I have been running this 30watt transmitter for a long, everything looks like perfect, but I am so complicated for buying, so I really appreciate your help, that will help me to make a right decision.

Thanks for your help.

djyonguito

Joined May 23, 2013
We have purchased the equipment that is on the link top, 1 hour ago, it is going to takes at least 2 weeks for arriving here, one time it get here, I’ll be share some pictures installing it and running.
Thanks friends for your comments. We feel really excited about, but extra information is a plus for us.