radio interference

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
when I grab my am antenna all the static disappears. What is going on.
Off hand I can but guess 'addition' of your body to the antenna structure enhances gain and, hence, improves the S/N ratio...

Best regards
HP

PS I don't advise that 'trick' for transmission!:D:D:D

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
In many receivers, when a signal is weak, the electronics tries to make up for it by increasing gain of the RF amplifier. By increasing the signal strength with your body as an antenna tuner, receiver gain is decreased, thus decreasing the noise and static being amplified.

Alan fay

Joined Mar 30, 2015
In many receivers, when a signal is weak, the electronics tries to make up for it by increasing gain of the RF amplifier. By increasing the signal strength with your body as an antenna tuner, receiver gain is decreased, thus decreasing the noise and static being amplified.
Is there some way to make this happen without me having to hold the antenna --something else to attach to the antenna?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Is there some way to make this happen without me having to hold the antenna --something else to attach to the antenna?
As previous posts have advised you -- It's about increased signal strength, AGC response and improved S/N ratio attendant thereto - your next move would seem obvious!? (IOW have a gander at post #6) :):):)

Best regards
HP:D

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Addendum

@Alan fay

If by "AM antenna" you are making reference to an AM broadcast band receiver equipped with a positionable 'loop' antenna sans provision for connection of an external antenna -- you may add same by loosely coupling a 'long wire' to the ferrite 'loop stick' (via the least number of turns required for optimal performance) -- Be warned, however, that even slight loading will reduce tank 'Q' and, hence, selectivity...

Best regards and good luck!:)
HP

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It's a side effect of having either an alien or government tracking implant.

They both use similar designs that piggyback their out going signal on any local incoming radios signals thus preventing them from being easily detected with more common RF signal detection devices.

It's also why you have that one odd spot on your body that always hurts just a bit when you push on it too. ;)

Here's another thought -- If it's an 'automotive receiver' try adjusting the 'loading' trimmer --- Said adjustment is rather abrupt/critical and, ideally, set for best performance near the center of the band (~1 MHz)

Again, good luck!
HP

Last edited: