'quick maths' solver website

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
On this site trying to get a solution for x in below equation. Keep getting answer no solution for x.
equation ((1.052)^x)*4468=5100 ((1.052)^2.6)*4468=5097.46
The 2nd equation shows there must be a solution. On the site you have a choice of how many places you want in the answer. I picked 2 and then more none of which worked for a solution.
I have tried a contact on the website but it looks like it wasn't sent as I had no confirmation.
Can anybody make a suggestion? Perhaps a better online calculator as this one is not working.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Can anybody make a suggestion? Perhaps a better online calculator
I've tried several of the online calculators, and some are better than others. The better ones I tried wanted $ to do more than the basics. I use Win10 and downloaded the free Microsoft Mathematics 64bit app and found that it does more than the online apps even after paying for their upgrade. And I don't need an ISP to run it. It will solve and display step by step how it derived the solution and graph it if applicable. Since it is MS software it will export to MS Office apps if wanted.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi Eric, Doesn't work . Getting a '?' alongside the x. Wolfram Alpha works. posted by bogosort
Hi D,
Which part does not work, it shows the correct result in my post #2.???

Is the screen display you have, the same as mine.??

E

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi D,
Which part does not work, it shows the correct result in my post #2.???

Is the screen display you have, the same as mine.??

E
Part of the equation was (1.052)^x. In the online calculators the symbol before the x means to the power of. When I try for a solution I get a '?' alongside the x and no solution. In quick maths I get can't solve for x.
Wolfram Alpha gives the correct result. This calculator looks much better than quick maths. I will stick with it.
What a funny name!